...Dr. Van Zandt and Chris Davidson in one (with a little sprinkle of Dr. Malandra). I went by their offices today (after seeing VZ's blue bug outside) and was just filled by conversations with them. They are so patient with my ramblings and complaining, so passionate about what they do, and incredibly insightful about self and work.
VZ and I talked for what seemed like hours. She told me how her summer has been (wonderful!!) and I told her about my couch-surfing escapades. I always walk away from talking with her with an intense sense of awe at the person she is. She's so peaceful, yet fiery, and she can talk to people about important things and make them feel comfortable. At least, that's the way it is with me. I love her!! I want to be the person that she is, comfortable with herself yet always striving toward self-improvement. She really loves God, too, and is always looking for Him in the world around her. I love that! She's living out her redemption and gratitude to God in her personhood and her work. If only I could be half the person she is!!
CD and I talked about my future. He made me feel better about the loneliness that's already set in from having to leave the comfortable life of college. He urged me to stick to that work I've been called to, and to do it well. He warned me that I will always want something else, but that I will be unfulfilled if I deny what I'm called to in search of that something else. Plus he said "ass", and I just love it when my Biola professors use inappropriate language because no other word will suffice at that time.
I feel hopeful again about this upcoming (crazy!) semester, as well as my future. I'm near confident that academia -whether college, secondary, or elementary - is where I'm supposed to be. I love to bounce around ideas and use literature and poetry to connect with people. It truly has the power to do that, whether it's Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Dante, or Rudolfo Anaya. I'm so blessed to have the profs I have, who are willing to talk with me for hours about my petty problems without making me feel petty. I love that they are people who, through what we all love, point me to Christ and being Christ-like.
I just love it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment