Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The System Has Failed.
I should be sleeping for another 2 hours. But I am wide awake and fraught with worry. We have failed. This is not a new observation.
Did we forget that we were forgiven of our sins? That we had all condemned ourselves? That there is no one righteous, not one? That with the measure with which we judge others we too will be judged? That the sun shines on the righteous and the wicked?
In all the great preaching and teaching of today, we have still failed. We have still become a people so ready and willing to point fingers without forgiveness, dole out justice without mercy, and forget that while we were still sinners Jesus died for us.
Why are we so insistent on being "right"? Doesn't "right" mean giving love and forgiveness where it is undeserved, showing mercy and generosity, being humble in spite of our own feelings of insecurity or hurt pride? When did it become ok to be blatantly self-righteous, not listening to other peoples' advice but imposing our own perverted interpretations of morals onto others?
The system has failed. We are all guilty of it. I see it in myself. I see it in people all around me who call themselves Christians. We have forgotten to forget what is past and to press on toward to the goal. WE have failed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment